Non-profit organizations committed to growing the sport of swimming and/or encouraging children to live healthy, active lives can apply for and receive a signed Michael Phelps swim cap for silent or live auction at their fundraising event.
To qualify for a cap, the organization must meet all of the guidelines below.
- Provide a copy of the 501 (c) (3) IRS status determination letter; The mission must:
- Promotes water safety; and/or
- Provides support and/or services to at-risk and underserved children; and/or
- Provides pool and swimming activities that encourages increased participation in the sport of swimming, especially among children who otherwise would not have the opportunity to experience the sport.
- Submit a complete application at least three months prior to the event.
- Benefit a charitable organization. Fundraisers to benefit an individual person or families are ineligible.
- The applicant must be the organization receiving the auction item. Individuals raising funds on behalf of an organization are ineligible.
- We only accept the application form. Supplementary information will not be considered or reviewed.
- All accepted applications must submit a Post Auction Report online. If the Post Auction Report is not submitted within 60 days after the event, the organization will be ineligible to receive signed auction items in the future.
- The MPF receives hundreds of auction item requests per year. Due to the limited number of items available, we are sometimes unable to fulfill all requests even if the organization meets all of the criteria listed above.
- Selected organizations will receive only one cap per calendar year. This helps us in our attempt to help the greatest number of organizations as possible. If the item is lost, stolen or misplaced, the MPF will be unable to replace it.
- The MPF will not accept personal items to be autographed. Due to the volume and frequency of requests, any item MPF receives will not be returned.
- Caps may not be resold in any fashion except for fundraising by the applying organization.
- Receipt of an autographed item in previous years does not guarantee subsequent donations.